Sunday, July 26, 2009

Today is a New Day

Thank you for all of your kind words, comments and emails after my last post. I greatly appreciate all of the wonderful friends that I have and everything you are all doing to take care of me and our family during this time.

Yesterday was a very quiet day and I had a lot of time to myself which is exactly what I needed. I had a chance to go through all of our mail (ugh) and watched Nights in Rodanthe (very disappointing. . .I didn't care for it at all). Sean and the girls came up here last night and we had a WONDERFUL time. We played cards, watched tv, and I got to hear all about the slumber party that Meghan went to on Friday night. For those few hours last night, I felt like myself again.

My monitoring actually went really well last night. I didn't have any contractions-we just couldn't keep Cooper still. He was very active and all over the place. As uncomfortable as it is when he does his water aerobics, it always makes me smile because I know that he's healthy and thriving.

We are counting the hours until Sean's mom gets here. She is going to provide us some much needed relief on so many levels. I told Sean that I was going to try and convince my doctor to send me home next week since Sue will be at our house and can keep a tight leash on me. Sean doesn't think it will work, but I've been known to pull off a few Academy award-winning performances!! Sean has already filled her in on the new Super Target, and I do have to admit that I am jealous that she will be able to go shopping there before I will!

I know that my house is a train wreck right now and normally that would make me come out of my skin knowing that we are having company, but I'm actually ok with it because I know that there is nothing I can do about it and that Sue will not even think twice about it. Those of you who know me well know what a HUGE step that is for me :-)

Today I am going to try and get some Saving Dinner work done, visit with Sean and my sweet babies and try to sneak a nap in all between medication and monitoring.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

Much love,

Sean, Laurie, Kaleigh, Meghan and Baby Cooper

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear that you are doing better, both mentally and physically. I know it is all going to work out fine for you and Baby Cooper. Keep resting every chance you get and allow others to do what you can't right now. Love to you and yours, donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post sounds much more like the Laurie we all know! Friday's post worried me a bit... But, I know a BUNCH of people were praying hard for you after reading that one, and prayer works! Keep that chin up!

    ReplyDelete