Wednesday, July 22, 2009

D Day Update

Well, apparently my cervix doesn't listen too well to my pep talks! I had my sonogram this morning, and my cervix has shortened from 19mm to 12mm in a week. The Perinatologist said that equates to about 50% to 70% effaced. Cooper is still doing great and we got to see those fat little cheeks of his. But they feel that it is still too risky to send me home at this point. He did say after 32 weeks they are not so much concerned about how much my cervix is shortening, but more about my symptoms (i.e. contractions). SOOOOO. . .it is possible that next week, even if my cervix continues to change, they may consider letting me go home if my contractions have stabilized. Until then, lots more of this wonderful hospital food (it's really not too bad) and re-runs of NCIS!

Love,

Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, girl! Still praying for you and Cooper and the rest of the family regularly. -- Kristin

    ReplyDelete